What You Will Learn:
Once you learn the art of pickling, you’ll be able to make all kinds of delicious preserved foods! Pickling allows you to capture fruit and vegetable’s fresh-from-the-garden tastes to enjoy throughout the year. We will walk you through the fundamentals of canning, pickling and preserving fresh local food to enjoy tasty artisan creations you can make at home!
Students will see how easy this great homesteading skill is for creating both sweet and savory pickles that are superior to anything found at your local grocery.
What To Expect:
Pickling and food preservation starts with good techniques and understanding how long-term food storage works. This workshop will help you learn the basics with fun, hands-on experience making your own delicious pickles!
- Learn foundation canning techniques for a lifetime of sustainable skills
- Students will receive pickle recipes to duplicate at home with handouts on food preservation basics
- Work side-by-side with other students to create different types of pickled foods
- Students will create a classic cucumber pickle, a fruit pickle (like watermelon rind or cantaloupe) and a pickled citrus.
- Classes are roughly 3 hours, and each student will leave with at least 2-3 versions of pickles
About The Instructor:
Suchil Coffman has been preserving foods and canning for over 20 years. She teaches food preservation classes through The Human Path for both short and long-term food storage methods; to include canning techniques, food dehydration, preservation of wild medicinals & foraged foods, dry canning and food planning for clinical and austere environments.
To pay with cash, checks, or money orders send us an email here: