The Art of Blending Medicinal Teas – 2020
October 24 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm| $40
This is a fun 3 hour hands-on workshop offered once a year as part of the Apothecarist and the Provider programs.
“Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food” – Hippocrates
One of the simplest forms of creating herbal medicine is making tea infusions. In a matter of minutes, fragrant tea leaves, aromatic flowers and woodsy herbs can be combined and steeped into warm water to create infusions for health and vitality.
This 3-hour workshop opens the door to the art of mixing medicinal herbs with fragrant plants and rich flavors – showing you how to make blends that anyone will love to drink!
Students will work with a wide botanical palette that will be filled with deeply fragrant blossoms, delicate spices, brightly dried fruits and smoky roots, berries and medicinal plants. We will have a ‘tea bar’ for students to sample dozens of different tea ‘simples’ while working on their own blends.
The workshop will cover :
- How to create flavor profiles and combinations
- Different types of tea leaves and how to weave them into your formulas
- How to mix bitter herbs into pleasing formulas
- Thinking outside the box: using spices, flowers, roots and fruits in your tea!
- Making blends that are powerful medicinal formulas
All students will go home with a ‘palette’ chart for future tea-blending sessions, a metal tea ball, tea canister and your own woodland chai tea blend made in class.