Many emergency first aid skills can be forgotten if you don’t use them on a regular basis. In the panic of an emergency, it is easy to forget the techniques and when you should use a certain method to help someone who is injured.
This is a 4-hour hands on workshop where we will discuss and practice primary assessment skills. Do you know what to do if you find someone unconscious in the field? What steps should you take to assess what injuries someone might have? We will spend time discussing how to become more confident with assessing injuries before practicing primary assessment with each other. The more you do these skills, the more comfortable you will be with them when they are needed, and the more effective they will be.
We will cover:
- Circulation – Sensation — Motor: how is this determined
- Deformities — Open Wounds — Tenderness — Swelling: your assessment skills
- How to determine the MOI (mechanism of injury)
- ABCDE – an easy method to doing a thorough primary assessment
- How to perform a thorough primary assessment, head to toe
- What to look for: Level of consciousness
- Vitals: taking pulse and respirations
- How to comfort an injured person in the field
- Life Threats – prioritizing injury severity
- Moving the patient: how to correctly and safely move during an assessment
Pre-Requisite: none required.
Dates: Sunday October 13th, 9:30 – 1:30pm
Location: EcoCentro, 1802 N Main Ave, San Antonio, TX 78212
For information about paying with cash, checks, or money orders, just send us an email here:
You can review our tuition policies here: https://herbalmedics.academy/about-us/tuition-policies/