In an environment where supplies and tools are not readily available, knowing how to spot good steel for making everything you need is an invaluable asset. Students will learn how to distinguish workable steel from trash by working with salvaged materials and mastering off-grid techniques.
Become empowered in a course with no tools and no shop, learn how to create those from discarded metal scraps and transform them into workable items.
You will learn:
- how to distinguish viable materials, desired metal thickness and for what use it is best for, based off a fool-proof carbon content test
- how to construct a homemade anvil and hammer for black-smithing
- how to create a dirt forge using only found metal objects
- using alternative primitive methods to super-heat the forge
- construction of bellows from found objects
Dates: December 7 – 8th, 2019.
Location: Detailed directions will be emailed out to all enrolled students prior to the course.
Lodging: Camping is free to any enrolled student, at our 50-acre campus. There are also hotels within a 10-minute drive of the campus in the 78260 zip code.
For information about paying with cash, checks, or money orders, just send us an email here:
You can review our tuition policies here: https://herbalmedics.academy/about-us/tuition-policies/