The Wilderness Herbal First Responder is over 80 hours of Wilderness First Aid combined with remote and post-disaster herbalism. The WHFR also includes a 32-hour WFA certification card through the Emergency Care and Safety Institute (ECSI).
This is the merging of the worlds of remote or post-disaster medicine (“ditch medicine”) with the world of herbalism and includes most of the herbal information and all (plus some) of the hands-on experience of the Herbal Medic Basic course. PLUS, this course includes all of the wilderness first responder curriculum that allows the student to be a competent first aid provider right from the get-go in the case of illness, injury or even chronic health issue.
This course is geared toward a number of different types of students:
• The outdoor enthusiast, camp counselor, outdoor recreational employee who wants in-depth training on injury and illness management in the field.
• The camper, hiker or rock-climber who wants more much more intensive learning, geared toward outdoor environments, than a standard first aid course.
• The prepper (disaster preparedness) who wants to be self-sufficient medically and not even necessarily reliant on orthodox pharmaceuticals.
• The herbalist who wants higher intensity training across the board from wilderness first aid to herbal medicine in a remote environment.
• The emergency medicine professional who wants to expand his/her horizons into indefinite medical care that includes botanical medicines (field herbalism).
Course Dates: April 13 – 22nd, 2017.
Location: Eden Hot Springs, Arizona.
Tuition: $950/student, and includes 3 textbooks and certification cards.
*A cash discount is available for cash, check or money order tuition payments. Email us below for information.
HOW TO REGISTER
To sign up using a credit card, visit our Square store
To sign up with Paypal, use our Paypal store link
To register with cash, money order or check for a tuition discount, please send us an email at: