This module can be taken as a bundle with the Wilderness First Aid Certification, or separately!
Using plant medicine in the field is our trademark and our specialty. Add an additional 8 hours of training to your certification by learning about and showing proficiency using herbs in the field. Learn the essentials of first aid care while also introducing fundamental plant-medicine concepts that apply to austere or post-disaster environments.
Herbal medicine offers extremely effective approaches to acute illnesses in post disaster situations, offering relief to physical ailments while also supporting mental and body system health.
**This module will include herbal Field materials students will use to demonstrate understanding of preparations in remote environments.
Herbal First Aid subjects include:
- Fundamental herbal care concepts
- The necessary shift in thinking
- Wound Care and Infection Management using herbs
- Injury, shock, pain and herbs
- Respiratory herbal first response
- Gastrointestinal herbal first response
- Urinary herbal first response
- Planning, preparing and administering herbs