Simple, Delicious, Fresh Cheese. Tasty yogurt and creamy homemade butter. You’ll never want to go back to ordinary store-bought versions!
Do you think making cheese is a complicated, mysterious, and labor-intensive process? Would you like to make you own yogurt, butter and cheese but don’t know where to begin (and might a little intimidated too)? Start here!
This class will give you a base of knowledge of milk preservation to work from and break down cheese-making to its most basic tools and practices to create a variety of dairy products like butter, yogurt, and simple cheeses. This class will consist of a little bit of lecture, a demo, and then we’ll taste a variety of homemade dairy products.
You will learn:•What equipment is used for making homemade dairy products
• How to make your own cheese, yogurt and butter from just a couple of ingredients
• What materials you can improvise with to make your own gear
• Some creative ideas you can use for flavorful cheese once you know the basics.
• Basic differences in types of milk that can make different types of dairy products.
• Learn about how these processes are a food preservation method.
Freshly made cheese snacks will be made and served in this 4-hour class.
#sanantionoeats #sustainablefood #cheesemaking #foodasmedicine